Curious about FLOW-3D? Want to learn about how we go about modeling the most challenging free surface hydraulic applications? Interested in digging deeper and consolidating your gains?
Our workshops are designed to deliver focused, hands-on, yet wide-ranging instruction that will leave you with a thorough understanding of how FLOW-3D is used in key water infrastructure industries. In the morning, you will explore using hands-on examples, the hydraulics of typical dam and weir cases, municipal conveyance and wastewater problems, and river and environmental applications.
In the afternoon, you will be introduced to more sophisticated physics models, including air entrainment, sediment and scour, thermal plumes and density flows and particle dynamics. By the end of the day, you will have set up six models, absorbed the user interface and steps that are common to three classes of hydraulic problems, and used the advanced post-processing tool FlowSight to analyze the results of your simulations. This one-day class is comprehensive yet accessible for engineers new to CFD methods. There is no need for an advanced degree in numerical methods; practicing engineers in the water industry are the best audience for the materials presented.
All workshop registrants* will receive a 30-day license of FLOW-3D (a 2,000€ value).
The next session will be held on 12 June 2018 at the “Ordine degli Ingegneri” headquarters in Milan, Viale Andrea Doria 9, next to the MM2 stop “Caiazzo”, from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
[contact-form-7 id=”566″ title=”Workshop registration -en”]
Deadline for registration is June 5th 2018, or when the maximum seating capacity has been reached (34 places).
About our workshops
Our workshops provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to learn about FLOW-3D and its powerful multiphysics modeling capabilities. These workshops are designed to cover the fundamentals of specific modeling simulations, provide hands-on learning, and allow attendees to test drive the software by building a model from scratch. Additionally, each participant receives a free 30-day license and access to tutorial videos and practice examples.
You have completed the one-day workshop, now what?
We recognize all will not be absorbed in one day, and you may want to use FLOW-3D on one of your own problems or compare CFD results with prior measurements in the field or in the lab. After the workshop, your license will be extended for another month to use on your workstation. During this time you will have access to our technical staff in order to help you work through your specifics: we are here to help you at every step.
Who should attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modeling community
- All modelers working in the field of environmental hydraulics
Participants will learn
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions.
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, particles, scalars and turbulence.
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results.
- Advanced topics, including air entrainment and bulking phenomena, shallow water and hybrid 3D/shallow water modeling, and chemistry.